Tokyo Walking Tour
Tokyo Walking Tour – Full day (duration 8 hours, private tour)
- Today you will take a walking tour through Tokyo’s shitamachi, or old town, with a local guide. Your guide will meet you at your hotel, and head by subway to Tawaramachi station, in Asakusa. First stop will be Taiko (Drum Museum), followed by a stroll down Kappabashi-dori (Kitchenwere Street), to visit some specialist knife stores. Asakusa’s back streets are lined with traditional shops selling kimono, Japanese sweets and crafts. You can also have stunning views of the Tokyo Sky Tree, which when completed will be 634m high.
- A visit to the Edo Shitamachi Traditional Craft Museum will give you a glimpse of the traditional crafts of the shitamachi during the Edo Period (17th – mid 19th century). The morning concludes with a visit to Sensoji Temple, the oldest temple in Tokyo. Lunch will be at a local tempura restaurant. A short taxi ride brings you to Ueno, the location for your afternoon walk. Jomyoin Temple is home to 84,000 Jizo (Bodhisattva) statutes, whilst nearby Kan-eji temple was an important Buddhist temple during the Edo period. From here you will enter Ueno Park, home to some of Tokyo’s most famous museums, including Tokyo National Museum, Museum of Art and Science as well as the Metropolitan Art Museum and Western Art Museum. Your walk through Ueno Park ends at the Shitamachi Museum, where you can discover life as it was lived in Tokyo’s early 20th century.
- The final destination for the day is the Ameyoko-cho market. A formal black market during after World War 2, it is one of Japan’s few remaining outdoor markets and sells clothes, fish, and spices amongst other things. What better way to end the day than with a cold beer or green tea and some local snacks including yakitori (grilled chickens) at one of the many small restaurants under the train tracks. The first round is on us! The tour ends at Ueno station.
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 772 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
Recommended similar trips
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250