Salzburg City Tour by Bus
- This tour offers those guests who have a very limited time in the city the opportunity to see as much as possible in a short space of time. The tour takes you past the Mirabell Gardens, Mozarteum (music academy), Marionette Theatre, Landestheatre (Regional Theatre), Markart Square, then over the river Salzach passing Mozart’s Birthplace, Getreidegasse, Blasius Church, Horse pond and Festival Halls. Then via the Sigmundsgate into the Riedenburg area passing by the Hohensalzburg Fortress to the Nonntal area with the famous Nonnberg Abbey. The tour finishes in Mozart’s Square with the famous Mozart Statue, along with the Cathedral, Old Residence of the Archbishops and many more sights. The duration of the tour is approx. 1 hr. Meeting point in the city center at Mirabellplatz 2.
Salzburg Walking Tour
- Discover the beauty of Mozart´s birth place on a walk with the experienced guide through the UNESCO city of Salzburg, and be enchanted by its flair. You will pass by sightseeing highlights like Mozart's Birth House, Mozart's Residence, Getreidegasse, the Cathedral, Residence Palace or Mirabell Palace with its splendid gardens. The duration of the tour is approx. 1 hr. Entrance fees to monuments not included. Meeting point in the city center at Mirabellplatz 2.
8:30 Full-day Tour to Bavarian Alps (Join-in)
- This tour will take you to the most famous sights, located in mountains. Your first stop will be the famous ´Kehlsteinhaus´ or ´Eagle´s Nest´. Enjoy ample time to explore the building and see beautiful views from atop the Kehlstein mountains. The Obersalzberg area was once used as a base for the Third Reich, Hitler, Göring and Bormann had property here. Board a special bus for an amazing journey up the 4 mile road to the Eagle´s Nest (Kehlsteinhaus.) Upon arrival, you will take an elevator up 406 ft. through the mountain and directly into the Eagle´s Nest. Originally given to Hitler by Martin Bormann as a 50th birthday present, the Eagle´s Nest was primarily used as a conference center. The building itself is a masterpiece perched 6017 ft. atop the Kehlstein mountains.
- There will be free time for you to explore the old conference room, dining area, small tea room and terraces while your guide explains all the history relating to this interesting area. Then the trip continues to the famous Salt Mines. Ideal for all ages, this tour will show you the value of ´white gold´ in an adventure deep inside the salt mines! Ride the miner´s train, slip down the miner´s slide, or travel across a salt lake on a raft! Before entering the mine, you are provided with protective clothing that makes you look like an authentic miner. Then, you travel on a former miner's train into the heart of the mountain. Once inside this remarkable underground world, knowledgeable local guide will amaze you with tales of the ancient salt mining history, its uses and the transportation methods. Further into the cave, you'll enjoy a ride down original miner slides – great fun for all ages. Later, enjoy another astonishing experience with a raft across a salt lake. Finally, after touring these enchanting underground labyrinths, you will return to the outside world on the same train. This unique underground world is fun and interesting for all ages and an experience not to be missed!
- After that you will visit the picturesque King´s Lake, or “Königssee.” the "prettiest lake in Germany", which is a part of Berchtesgaden National Park. Enjoy this short break to marvel at the scenery of the Bavarian mountains. Nestled in the foothills of the surrounding mountains, the next stop will be in the charming town of Berchtesgaden. Enjoy free time to stroll around central Berchtesgaden. See historic buildings, churches and perhaps a local specialty or two! The duration of the tour is approx. 9 hrs. Meeting point in the city center at Mirabellplatz 2.
Tip: the rest of the day at leisure for individual activities
- You may have a closer look at numerous sights and museums in the city of Salzburg, such as Mozart’s Birth Place and Mozart’s Rezidence, walk up to Hohensalzburg Castle or take a cable car. Or you may want to see the interiors of the Mirabell Palace.
Your price marked with Excellence
Your price marked with Excellence
From 349 €
- Net per Person Sharing in Twin Rooms
- Cancellation policy: This services can be Cancelled without any penalties 14 day(s) prior to first service date
Recommended similar trips
- Rates are valid with minimum 2 people booking.
- Single travelers travelling alone are always welcome!! Please contact us to learn supplement for booking this trip alone.
- Due to unstable fluctuating hotel rates, the above prices are for indication only and may vary slightly. Please check with us for a more specific pricing according to your group size or number of persons joining your tour.
- Complete flight information (flight number, time of arrival and departure and airport) must be provided at the time of the booking for the transfer arrangements.
PACKAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers by Private Transport and Driver.
- Tours as mentioned.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Tips for Driver & Guide (usually collected by Group’s Tour Escort and given as a token of appreciation at the end of the service).
- Entrance fees to some of the sights may not be included in the tour and are optional at your own account.
- Meals not stated.
- Extra charges in the hotel i.e. mini-bar, laundry.
- Bell boy tips and porterage (usually given on individual guest’s discretion).
For bookings, partner rates or further information, please contact us at:
Art Of Travel
V Jámĕ, Prague 1
phone: +420 224 239 250